This strength and conditioning camp is designed to optimally prepare soccer players for upcoming high school soccer tryouts and the competitive season. We will communicate closely with team coaching staff to ensure that our athletes are specifically prepared to exceed staff, team and athlete expectations. The program was developed with proper use of periodization and progression to ensure optimal gains while reducing the chance of overuse injuries. Proper supervision will be given at all times to ensure safety and correct implementation of the workouts. The program is designed specifically to peak athletes for Gull Lake tryouts and the High School season.
The program will highlight the following physical aspects:
- General Strength
- Explosive Power
- Agility, Lateral change of direction and quick feet
- Core Strength
- Soft tissue health and flexibility
- Energy Systems Development ( conditioning specific to the demands of soccer)
Length: 18 Weeks (two 9-week sessions)
Session One: Nov 7, 2016 – Jan 6, 2017
Session Two: Jan 9, 2017- March 10, 2017
Location: Athletic Mentors Facility, Richland MI
Who: High School Girls
Cost: $550 per session, or $990 for both.
- Athletes will be expected to complete a custom conditioning program on their own (designed by AM for their fitness level and ability), in addition to time spent at the gym.
- UNLIMITED training Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 2:30 – 5:30 pm. (Occasional weekend days will be accommodated)
- Must schedule training sessions 1 week in advance.
- Recommended minimum 2 sessions per week, 3-4 days are optimal.
- Sessions will be 2:30-3:30, 3:30-4:30 and 4:30-5:30. Athletes will be required to sign up for sessions in advance to ensure group sizes do not exceed our maximum.
Why Is Proper Conditioning so Important?
Proper conditioning is vital to a successful soccer tryout and season. An average skilled player can become a dominate player if they are in superior condition. Conditioning is a rare element because it is independent of genetic talent. Superior conditioning comes from discipline, commitment and the willingness to work hard and persevere. With that said, developing your energy systems for soccer is not as simple is going out and jogging every day. The demands of the game require specific training modes. We have studied these modes for years and understand how to develop energy systems in these athletes to optimally prepare them for a successful season.