So you know you need to read labels to watch your sugar intake. What CAN you eat? Think of food as fuel. You wouldn’t put cake batter into your vehicle because it wouldn’t run very well. Think of what you put into your body in the same manner so that your body can perform at it’s best physically, mentally and especially emotionally. You need to get the most out of what you eat and these foods pack a major punch in peak performance for all areas of your life. Fresh produce is always a winning choice. It’s like premium in the Porsche! Try adding a few of these to your diet while kicking out the sugar. Most of them fit great on a big lunch salad.
1) Leafy greens – Dark, leafy greens are a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and calcium, as well as several phytochemicals They also add fiber into the diet.
2) Avocados – Avocados contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals including potassium, vitamin E, vitamin C, B vitamins, and folic acid.
3) Fish – Fish is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which help prevent heart disease. All salmon is a healthy source of omega-3s—one 3-ounce serving delivers 700 to 1,800 milligrams.
4) Cruciferous vegetables – Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, collard greens, kale, kohlrabi, mustard greens, radishes, and turnips. They are an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and studies have shown that cruciferous vegetables may significantly lower the risk of several cancers.
5) Fermented Foods – As in Yogurt or Kumbacha. This “good bacteria” is imperative to gut health. Minus the sugar of course. Buy plain yogurt and add a few nuts and blueberries.
6) Blueberries – These contain high levels of antioxidants that help the body fight inflammation. Blueberries also cut risk of heart disease and cancer, as well as memory loss.
7) Beets – Beets have been shown to help offset the risk of many chronic diseases due to their high levels of vitamin B, iron, copper, magnesium, potassium, and manganese.
8) Nuts – Whether you choose almonds, pine nuts, pecans, or macadamias, nuts are one of the healthiest on-the-go snack options because of their healthy levels of unsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids.
9. Olive oil and Lemon Juice – Unlock the secrets of nature’s finest ingredients with our premium-quality Superfood Olive Oil and Lemon Juice. This potent combination, rich in essential nutrients and antioxidants, is the ultimate solution to elevate your health and wellness.