1. Have Clear Goals – Always have long and short term goals. Having goals motivates us to work hard and including short term goals ensures that victory can be savored regularly. This provides a greater motivation to push hard to achieve long term goals. For example, writing goals on an agenda or whiteboard and looking at them every day has a positive effect since this constant visualization keeps you motivated and 100% focused on achieving each goal. Setting clearly defined goals will help you monitor your progress and give you constant motivation.
2. Divide your goals into small goals – An article in Forbes magazine recommends dividing your goals into smaller steps, more task-oriented goals, and setting a time frame for each. If your goal is to “organize your closet”, you can begin by saying: “First I’m going to organize the shoes, then the belts, then the winter coats,” etc. This method can make even the biggest task feel more manageable.
3. Be extremely optimistic – When you are consistently optimistic, you focus only on the positive, which helps you stay motivated. The moment you start bringing negative thoughts to your mind is the moment when your drive forward will stop. Is there a chance that something negative will happen? Of course, but you don’t want to think that way. Entrepreneurs and winners need to think like elite athletes. Do you think for a minute LeBron James was thinking of losing during the NBA finals? We can bet that the possibility of losing and not giving Cleveland a title never occurred to him. His optimism dominated his thoughts, blocking all negative thoughts.
4. Visualize the Results – It is important to visualize the final result and how you will feel when you have reached your goal. If you want to increase the likelihood of reaching your goals and dreams, goal visualization is where it all begins. When you visualize your goals, you do a few important things:
– It teaches your brain to recognize what resources it will need to help you succeed.
– It creates an inner motivation to strive for your goals and dreams.
– It promotes positive thinking, which will help you to stay on track to be successful in the long run.
5. Search and enter positive information into your mind – Experts recommend reading or listening to positive information every day. If you fill your mind with inspiring and positive information, you’ll stay much more motivated. Use social media such as Youtube, FB or online books with themes, authors or groups, like Athletic Mentors Team, that shares blogs and positive information that will give you the momentum you need and constant reminders telling you that you are able to achieve whatever you want.
6. Be Consistent – You must take consistent actions or measures every day. This means that even if you’re not totally in the mood, do a small productive thing that will lead you to your ultimate goal, even if it’s only 10 minutes. Remember, keeping yourself motivated is absolutely within your reach, often it’s just about keeping your ultimate goal in mind, and doing it every day, little by little. Be mentally flexible.
7. If you are too busy to workout or just don’t feel in the mood, take a day or two off, be kind to yourself if you need a break. The important thing is to be active again as soon as possible. When you regain your enthusiasm, move! Listen to music, enjoy the moment and pat yourself on the back from time to time. Remember, physical activity is a life-long positive habit and it’s scientifically proven that it increases and calibrates the hormones of happiness and motivation like endorphins, serotonin, dopamine, and oxytocin. You don’t need to do much, by doing a small 20 minute routine is more than enough to keep you healthy and in a good mood. We now have the Internet where we can find countless simple and short routines that we can do even in small places.
Motivation is like the habit of bathing, you have to do it frequently. To stay motivated we all need to do the exercises first from the mind every day. Remember absolutely no one is always 100% motivated. We have to learn how to be disciplined. Insist, persist, resist and never desist.
The post 7 Tips to Stay 100% Motivated appeared first on Team Athletic Mentors.