This strength and conditioning camp is designed to optimally prepare lacrosse players for upcoming high school lacrosse tryouts and the competitive season. The program was developed with proper use of periodization and progression to ensure optimal gains. The program is designed specifically to peak athletes for the High School season.
The program will highlight the following physical aspects:
- General Strength
- Explosive Power
- Agility, Lateral change of direction and quick feet
- Core Strength
- Soft tissue health and flexibility
- Energy Systems Development ( conditioning specific to the demands of lacrosse)
Length: 10 Weeks
Start Date: January 4th, 2016
Location: Athletic Mentors Facility, Richland MI
Who: High School and Junior High School
- UNLIMITED training Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 3:30 – 5:30 pm.
- Must schedule training sessions 1 week in advance.
- Recommended minimum 2 sessions per week, 3-4 days are optimal.
- This year training group sizes will be strictly limited to no more than 9 per session. Sessions will be 3:30-4:30 and 4:30-5:30. Athletes will be required to sign up for sessions in advance to ensure group sizes do not exceed our maximum.
Why Is Proper Conditioning so Important?
Proper conditioning is vital to a successful lacrosse season. An average skilled player can become a dominate player if they are in superior condition. Conditioning is a rare element because it is independent of genetic talent. Superior conditioning comes from discipline, commitment and the willingness to work hard and persevere. With that said, developing your energy systems for lacrosse is not as simple is going out and jogging every day. The demands of the game require specific training modes. We have studied these modes for years and understand how to develop energy systems in these athletes to optimally prepare them for a successful season.