Whether your first Triathlon or your 10th, this camp will ensure you reach your goals this season! During this eight week program, our USAT certified coaches and elite athletes will teach you everything you need to know to either complete your first triathlon or help you “step up your game” to do it even better. This camp is great preparation for the Grand Rapids Triathlon Olympic or Sprint distance, but can be used to kick off the season for any race you choose. You’ll learn everything you need to know to train efficiently in the company of other like minded triathletes.
Camp Training Topics:
- Online training plan using Training Peaks.
- Training w/ proper heart rate zones.
- Execution of bike field test and bike fit assessment in our Kickr lab.
- Swim Technique and In-pool Instruction
- Coached Open Water Session at the GRTRI swim course review.
- Nutrition Education
- Fueling for Race Day
- Strength Training for Triathlon
- Run Form and Video Analysis
- Weekly group training sessions.
- AM Schwag
- Who: Ages 16 and Up (If under 16, see our Youth Tri Camp)
- Length: 8 Thursday Evenings (Swim week will likely be a different day due to pool availability. Will be posted in January.)
- Start Date: Thursday, April 16, 2020
- Time: 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
- Location: Athletic Mentors Coached Gym, 8610 North 32nd St, Richland, MI 49083
- Cost: $225